Ese
In a shocking revelation, the 13-year-old teenager, who was allegedly kidnapped from Bayelsa State to Kano, Ese Oruru, said on Monday she was not interested in reuniting with her family, denying reports that she was abducted from her home in Bayelsa State.
Below is a transcript of a conversation between what appeared an unnamed police interrogator and abducted Bayelsa teenager, Ese Oruru.The exchanges took place at the premises of the Zone 1 Police Headquarters in Kano, on Monday.
The recording was exclusively obtained by PREMIUM TIMES on Monday afternoon.
In the recording, Miss Oruru was heard saying she did not want to return to her home in Bayelsa, a claim a lawyer said should be disregarded because she is still a minor.
Kano-based human rights lawyer, Huwaila Mohammed, said “the police should ensure that she is protected and returned to her family.”
“She is still not matured enough to take such a weighty decision without parental consent,” Ms. Mohammed said.
Listen to audio below
READ FULL TRANSCRIPT BELOW
Interrogator: Please what is your name?
Ese Oruru: My name is Aisha Chuwas?
Interrogator: From where are you here (sic), come Kano?
Ese Oruru: From Bayelsa State.
Interrogator: How old are you?
Ese Oruru: I am 17 years old.
Interrogator: Ok, what are you doing here in Kano now?
Ese Oruru: I am not doing anything but I came here to be a Muslim and I will stay here.
Interrogator: In your own, own, own choice or….
Ese Oruru: Silence
Interrogator: Ok, Aisha your parent tell us you are (sic) abducted from Bayelsa. It’s true?
Ese Oruru: No. I am not (sic) abducted by anybody.
Interrogator: Ok. Tell us the truth.
Ese Oruru: I am (sic) not abducted by anybody, I came here on my own interest. Nobody forced me to be a Muslim.
Interrogator: That’s all
Ese Oruru: Yes
Interrogator: Ok, Thank you Aisha.
sourch: nigerianmonitor.com